iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Script to run other software??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> JavaScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgatscher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Script to run other software?? Reply with quote

I'm a newbee to scripting and would like to know if it's possible to create a script that would send selected photos from within iView to an external program like Nikon Capture NX and then run some predefined batch processing inside of Capture NX and then finish Capture NX processing?

I'm aware of using Capture NX as a helper app and then interactively working on the photo inside of Capture. But I would like to have a script that would send files to Capture, initiate a predefined batch processing job save the NEF without having to interactively work inside of Capture NX.

If anybody could tell me that this is either feasable or not by using an iView script (either VB or Java for windows), I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
PatrickH

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff, here is a way to launch another program via iView javascript:

Code:
try {
   // attempt to create necessary ActiveX objects
   var shellRef = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");      // shell object
} catch(e) {
   // show user error if one occurs
   e.description = "Access to ActiveX objects failed.\n" + e.description;
   throw(e);
   return;
}

// launch outside application
shellRef.Run("C:\\windows\\notepad.exe");

As far as controlling the launched application from the script (like you control iView) would depend on if that program supports javascript as well. If there is a way for you to control the program by command line, you could create a batch file that iView can execute to perform the tasks for you - I would think that would be the most likely scenario with other programs.

I am a new iView user and just starting to go through the scripting possibilities of it. Hope this helps!

Patrick
mantra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickH wrote:
Hi Jeff, here is a way to launch another program via iView javascript:

Code:
try {
   // attempt to create necessary ActiveX objects
   var shellRef = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");      // shell object
} catch(e) {
   // show user error if one occurs
   e.description = "Access to ActiveX objects failed.\n" + e.description;
   throw(e);
   return;
}

// launch outside application
shellRef.Run("C:\\windows\\notepad.exe");

As far as controlling the launched application from the script (like you control iView) would depend on if that program supports javascript as well. If there is a way for you to control the program by command line, you could create a batch file that iView can execute to perform the tasks for you - I would think that would be the most likely scenario with other programs.

I am a new iView user and just starting to go through the scripting possibilities of it. Hope this helps!

Patrick

which is the extension for a java script?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> JavaScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: